Fort Barli – Heritage in Rajasthan
On the second day of our trip to Rajasthan, we reached Fort Barli at night around 10 pm. After spending the night in this small, beautiful and romantic fort, I would say “Fort Barli” is the best way to experience the authenticity of Rajasthan, one of India’s most vibrant and exotic destinations. Just converted into a luxury heritage hotel with its own distinctive character in 2008, it revives the gracious lifestyles of India’s legendary Rajput princes. This royal heritage Fort Hotel combines classic heritage with contemporary elegance. Rajasthan is the land of Maharajas, famous for its forts, palaces and heritage hotels, and Fort Barli evokes that cultural richness, the princely pleasures, and the romantic interludes of the historic era.
Location – Off the beaten track
Situated on National Highway – 79 in village Barli in Ajmer district near Lake Dev Sagar and set in the midst of rural surroundings, it is a haven of peace and tranquility. A romantic environment, which invites a multitude of birds and dancing peacocks, heralds your entry into this oasis where the bird song is the only sound you will hear. A superb swimming pool entices you for a refreshing dip. An elegant, beautifully appointed lounge, serene verandahs, and terraces with breathtaking views, make perfect venues for relaxation. The rooms have been individually decorated to retain the original character and identity of the Fort.
- Fully furnished Double Bed A/C rooms with good ventilation
- Running hot and cold water
- Dining facility
- Travel information and assistance
- Car, Taxi and Bus hire
- Puppet show, folk music & dance on demand
Besides a comfortable stay at the hotel, there are numerous activities that one can indulge in while at Barli. Some of the fascinating activities are as under
- Morning walk near the lake
- A walk through the village
- Interaction with Villagers & spending time in their homes, experience their way of living, cooking and doing the daily chores
- Visit nearby lake “Dev Sagar” for a variety of migratory and rare bird Watching
- Visit ancient temple & local village temples
- Bicycling single or tandem (300 Rs Per Person on request)
- Puppet shows, folk music & dances on request ( Free of Cost of Group)
- Traditional royal marriages
- Bullock Cart Ride through the Village (600 Rs Per Person 01 – 02 Hrs on request)
Take a look at Shanti Travel’s Rajasthan expertise here.